Pineapple Chia combines a brilliant blend of superfoods, fiber and a prebiotic blend to nourish your GI tract, soothe digestive issues and helps your body eliminate harmful toxins every single day.
If you don’t have this product in your life yet, I recommend you stocking up, then grabbing a glass to sit down with me while I walk you through it, step by step!
What’s In Pineapple Chia Cleanse
Organic flax seeds, chia seeds, psyllium husk and fennel seeds are all great sources of fiber (both soluble and insoluble). Soluble types of fibers are amazing because they soak up water and create a gel-like consistency. Insoluble fibers attract water which acts as a bulking and binding agent. Together these work together as the perfect fiber to restore your gut on a daily basis.
This combination of fiber has countless benefits including:
(1) GI Tract Soothing- The mucus/gel-like properties of soluble fiber are soothing to the GI tract. The lining of our stomach and intestines are made up of mucus membranes that can commonly undergo stress when we eat poorly or have an underlying inflammatory condition. Therefore, fiber can have a soothing effect on these mucus membranes.
Studies have also shown that soluble fiber, along with other dietary changes, have been effective at relieving IBS symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating and flatulence. Insoluble fiber, helps to promote softer bowel movements that pass more regularly. Those who have diets high in fiber have also seen a reduction in colorectal cancer.
(2) Appetite Suppressing – Fiber helps to slow down digestion and help you to feel full longer and curb those hunger pangs, so you aren’t as tempted with easy to reach snacks. For this reason, fiber is extremely efficient at improving and speeding along weight loss goals.
(3) Hormone Regulating – Fiber can be beneficial for those with estrogen dominant conditions or symptoms such as PCOS, infertility, weight gain, mood swings, difficulty sleeping, etc. Insoluble fiber works to block excess estrogen from plants or other substances in our environment from being absorbed and can help lower estrogen levels. For this same reason, there is also data showing a decreased breast cancer risk in high fiber diets due to the elimination of this excess estrogen.
(4) Blood Sugar Regulating – Many studies have been done in the diabetic community (more commonly type II diabetes), displaying the connection of a high fiber diet and better blood sugar control. Fiber has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and decrease fasting glucose levels. This same principle can be applied even if you do not have diabetes. Fiber can help maintain blood sugar levels and help avoid insulin resistance.
(5) Cholesterol Lowering- The gel that soluble fiber forms also has an action on lowering LDL cholesterol. It does this by binding to the LDL particles and blocking their absorption into the rest of the body, therefore, improving cardiovascular health.
(6) Inflammation Reducing- The good bacteria in our gut love fiber! When they are happy and well fed, they keep inflammation in check which helps mitigate weight gain, decrease pain and prevents stress on other body systems.
As if these reasons aren’t enough, this supplement also has a prebiotic and sprout blend. Prebiotics are fibrous foods our good bacteria love to munch on and help to keep our microbiome healthy and happy. Sprouts are superfood masters. They are densely packed with high levels of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, B vitamins, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese.
Finally, this product has the enzyme bromelain, which is found in pineapple – hence the name, Pineapple Chia Cleanse. Bromelain has many functions and is primarily known as a digestive enzyme and an anti-inflammatory agent.
As a digestive enzyme it can help break down and absorb protein and other nutrients, while also helping combat GI distress. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory by helping to turn down the pathways that promote inflammation in the body without affecting the ones that help decrease inflammation. It is most well-known for helping symptoms of allergies, joint pain and muscle pain.
HOW TO USE PINEAPPLE CHIA CLEANSE
It is not always easy for us to get our nutrients, but when we do, it can make a world of difference in our energy levels, our mood, our digestion and our health overall. Pineapple Chia Cleanse can provide you with all of the benefits we discussed above in one simple, easy to mix scoop.
One of my favorite things to do if I am busy and on the go is put one scoop in a water bottle and add water or almond milk later in the day when I have time to catch my breath. If I have the time, blending this into a smoothie with a protein powder, nut butter, greens and berries can be a great meal replacement.
If you are new to superfoods and just starting a fiber supplement, I recommend you start slowly with just ¼ - ½ scoop to start, with plenty of water or plant milk. It’s really delicious in a big smoothie and that’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy it. After a few days of good results, you can transition to a full scoop.
If you progress too quickly on a fiber supplement without priming your gut first, you may notice some changes in your gut function like initial bloating or constipation. If this happens, follow this protocol:
Increase your water intake (fiber tends to gel and will absorb more water, so drink a little more when you first start
Move your body- some gentle exercise, including dancing, walking or a light jog helps move things along
Consider taking some magnesium or a digestive enzymes if you feel fullness- sometimes our gut is still getting used to a whole foods fiber (there are 15 different plants in here!) so these nutrients can help your body adapt better
Start slowly and give it time- good things come with time. There are hundreds of studies that show fibers’ incredible health benefits from gut health to weight management, heart health to hormones and more. To reap the benefits, try starting slowly to give your body the time it needs to adapt to a new regimen. In no time, you will be able to reap the full rewards.
WHEN TO USE PINEAPPLE CHIA CLEANSE:
The beauty of this product is it can be beneficial for almost every health goal. Therefore, as with anything in health, the “when” can be very personal and can take some trial and error to find the approach that you think fits best with your lifestyle and your health goals. With that said, here is a sample schedule you can consider, if it fits into your lifestyle goals!
Option 1: Cut Your Cravings | 8 AM Pineapple Chia Cleanse
Add a scoop to your oatmeal or blend into a delicious smoothie with a banana and some berries or pineapple chunks. Feel fuller all day long by starting your day with activated fiber with omega 3 fatty acids.
Option 2: Undo the Junk | 5 PM Pineapple Chia Cleanse
Feel full and satisfied with activated fiber from sprouts, chia, pineapple enzymes, and probiotics. It’s your daily mini-cleanse to ensure you feel light, clean and happy every day. Secret tip: drink this right before a big meal and be amazed at your willpower!
If you are battling a chronic disease or looking for a therapeutic approach, you may find that you see the best results by incorporating this product into your daily routine. (Note: you should always consult with your doctor before adding any product into your treatment regimen, especially if you are undergoing treatment for a chronic disease).
If you are just looking for a health reset, you may find that you get great results by pairing this with a diet focused on clean eating for a set amount of time (during your 7 day cleanse, 30 days, whatever you decide!).
This can help to give your body the fuel it needs to rest and restore. You may also decide that you like to use it on a more occasional basis to help support your body after a night of rich food and alcohol, or on the go while you are traveling as that can often cause stress on the body. There are so many options and the best part is, you are in control!
I hope this guide was useful and helped you learn a little more about why Pineapple Chia Cleanse is so powerful and why it’s my number one choice for a healthy, nutritionist superfood fiber that will get you right back on track.
We’re always on your side!
To your health,
Dr. Cassidy Miller