1½ cups cooked salt-free canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 cup green peas
3 tablespoons fresh flat-lead parsley
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth in a large saucepan or paella pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until just softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the red and yellow or green bell peppers, tomatoes with their juices, barley, paprika, fennel, turmeric, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the remaining 3 cups of vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook until the barley is tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Once the barley is tender, uncover, stir in the cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, and peas, and then cover and set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed. Sprinkle with the parsley, garnish with lemon wedges, serve hot and enjoy!
Statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for direct, individual medical treatment or advice. It is the responsibility of you and your healthcare providers to make all decisions regarding your health. We recommend that you consult with your healthcare providers regarding the diagnosis and treatment of any disease or condition. Products sold on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.