These delicious veggie packed Thai spring rolls include a creamy Thai almond sauce and an array of spiralized vegetables to make it look like a rainbow when you bite in! Definitely the best way to eat the rainbow.
Makes 4 servings - Prep time: 20 minutes - Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for the Rolls:
4 rice paper wrappers
1 cucumber, spiraled or grated
1 avocado, sliced
1 cup spiralized or grated beets
1 cup spiralized or grated carrots
1 cup sprouts
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
Ingredients for the Almond Sauce:
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup water
Up to 1/2 cup almond butter
3 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos or tamari
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
2 medjool dates, pitted
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- - To make the almond sauce, combine the cilantro, water, almond butter, Liquid Aminos or tamari, lime juice, cider vinegar, honey, dates, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a blender on high speed until smooth, adding more water if necessary to achieve a pourable but thick consistency.
- - Divide the sauce evenly between two small serving bowls. Set aside one bowl for dipping. Stir in the crushed macadamia nuts into the other bowl of sauce and set aside for filling the rolls.
- - To prepare the rolls, fill a wide, shallow bowl with warm water and place a clean, dry dish towel on your work surface.
- - Submerge the rice paper wrapper in the water just until soft. (Note: do not oversoak! The wrappers are delicate and will tear if too soft.)
- - Remove the wrapper from the water and place on the dish towel.
- - Arrange one quarter of the vegetables and herbs horizontally in the bottom third of the wrapper, leaving the sides and top section of the wrapper uncovered.
- - Dollop 1 tablespoon of the macadamia almond sauce over the vegetables.
- - Fold the bottom edge of the wrapper over the veggies and herbs and tuck it under them. Fold the sides of the wrapper toward the middle (like wrapping a burrito), then gently roll it closed as tightly as possible without tearing.
- - Cover the finished roll with a damp cloth to keep it moist. Repeat the process with the remaining fillings and wrappers. Serve accompanies by the almond dipping sauce, and enjoy!